by Leah Gosik, Owner of Bella by Leah
Flawless, natural-looking skin can be yours with just a few simple tips. Local makeup and skincare expert, Leah Gosik has helped thousands of women look their best. Here are some of her favorite skincare and makeup tips to help you look your best.
TIPS FOR EVERYONE
- Be sure to hydrate your face before putting on any makeup. A hydrated face always makes you look younger! Don’t forget to include your neck and décolleté area.
- Tired of oily skin? An anti-shine serum with silica shells is great for oily skin. The shells will absorb excess oils, leaving your skin looking fresh.
- When treating acne, don’t strip your skin of all oils. It will serve to work against you. Use a glycolic exfoliating toner with aloe vera and chamomile for best results.
- Do some sort of over-the-counter facial peel weekly and a medical grade facial peel a couple times a year. This will slough off dead skin and leave your skin vibrant and ready for makeup.
- Are you having trouble with your powder eye shadow creasing? Use an eye shadow sealant for smudge proof, budge proof all-day wear.
- For longer, thicker-looking lashes, first brush down on your lashes with mascara then brush up as always. This will coat more of each lash, making your lashes bold and beautiful.
- For a softer, more natural looking eyebrow, use a matte powder to fill in brows. Then set brows with a clear mascara.
- Dark eye shadow in the crease of the eye is not the best look for aging skin. This will make your eyes look sunk in. Try a medium shade instead.
- Keep the inner 1/4 of the eye bright with a concealer or light eye shadow for a nice pop.
- Less is more when it comes to foundation. Use a light coat of foundation and even less in troubled areas to soften wrinkles.