by Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Arizona
The third annual Dancing for the Stars fundraising event takes place on Saturday, April 13. Lamb Chevrolet, Jewish Community Foundation and James Deep Well Ranch are proud to present this exciting event to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Arizona (BGCCAZ).
This unforgettable event has grown to raise nearly a quarter of BGCCAZ’s annual budget to provide youth after-school and summer programs. The Boys & Girls Clubs has an extensive history of serving youth in communities nationwide and was originally founded as a Boys’ Club in 1860 in Connecticut. Since then, it has grown tremendously, serving more than four million boys and girls annually between some 4,000 clubs.
Locally, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Arizona serves youth in the quad-cities with clubs in Prescott, Prescott Valley and Chino Valley. While the Boys & Girls Clubs have a time-tested, national model for implementing life-changing programs, BGCCAZ relies only on the local community to make these services a reality.
Dancing for the Stars is one of the most talked about events of the last few years. The 2018 evening show sold out in less than 24 hours. This unique experience to Prescott is a dazzling dance competition at the Elks Theater, featuring local celebrities partnered with professional dance instructors.
The 2019 experience includes a choice of an afternoon matinee show or the full VIP experience with red carpet reception, evening show and legendary after-party. Inaugural celebrity dancer Leza Lachapelle Dandos hosts for another unforgettable evening.
For more information on the 2019 Dancing for the Stars, visit dancingforthestars.net, and follow us on Facebook at Dancing for the Stars.
Celebrity Dancers for 2019
- Amy Bonney — Deputy Chief of Police with the Prescott Police Department
- Barry Barbe — Owner of El Gato Azul
- Julie Cowing — Executive Director of Hospice for Good Samaritan Society
- Dr. Dan Beck — Anesthesiologist
- Megan Holdsworth — Community Leader
- Ken Mabarak — Owner and developer of Lake View Plaza
- Laura Markey — Owner of Center for Physical Excellence
- John Mull — Attorney at Brown, Hanna & Mull, PLLC
- Veronica Phillips — Owner of Park Plaza Liquor and Deli
- Judd Simmons — Yavapai County Assessor