The generosity of Fann Contracting employees enriched six local charities just before the holiday season by $78,860.
Known locally as FEMAD — Fann Employees Making A Difference — voluntary contributions from the contracting company employees went to six nonprofit organizations that provide varying services throughout Yavapai County.
Kerri Vaughn, who administers FEMAD, said dollars were distributed to:
• Catholic Charities Community Services
• Coalition for Compassion and Justice
• Prevent Child Abuse/Yavapai Family Advocacy Center
• Polara Health (formerly Yavapai West Guidance Clinic)
• Yavapai Exceptional Industries (YEI)/Prescott Charities.
Since the FEMAD program begin in 2006, Vaugh said employees have contributed more than $750,000 to local nonprofits.
Mike Fann, owner of Fann Contracting, said he was “extremely proud of people who work for Fann Contracting. Year after year, they give of their own free will to FEMAD to show their love and concern for the communities in which they live.”