by Tahna Falk, Owner of StarStruck Event Planning and the Prescott Bridal Affaire Expo
Are you looking for inspiration to add some personal, fun and unique touches to your wedding? We’ve got some ideas for you!
- Gather song requests from your guests. Help make the process of building your wedding reception music playlist a little easier by having your guests RSVP with one song choice each. Provide these to your DJ to add to your wedding playlist for the reception.
- Create a custom monogram. Anything from your invitations to signage to a lighted monogram that can be projected onto the wall or dance floor adds a very personal touch to your wedding. You can work with various professionals involved in your wedding like your invitation designer, Etsy for signage, and/or your DJ to create a monogram.
- Do something fun with your napkin fold. It does not cost money to do so, and a good napkin fold goes a long way on your tablescape. You can find lots of inspiration on Pinterest or Instagram.
- Do something different with your table layout. Think outside the box. Connect the tables for a more intimate feel or mix round and rectangular tables. A good table layout creates more visual interest and your guests will think it’s pretty cool. Again, lots of inspiration can be found on Pinterest and Instagram.
- Skip the guest favors and guest book and go for a photo booth instead. Oftentimes, guest favors get left behind. A photo booth provides another source of entertainment at your wedding and it gives your guests a keepsake they will love. Make sure to include a photo album for guests to place one photo strip in your album with a personalized message to you, and they can keep one photo strip for themselves.
- Rent a bounce house for your wedding! This could also double as a guest favor and again provides another source of entertainment for you and your guests. And your guests will be talking about how much fun it was for years to come.
- Signature drinks. Do you want to provide a hosted bar, but the cost is too steep? Serve wine, beer and two signature drinks. This still gives your guests more options than just beer and wine and provides a personalized touch, with drinks that represent you and your significant other’s personalities.
- Champagne pop, anyone? For the toasts, have a bottle of champagne placed at each table and have one person from each table pop the cork and pass the bottle around before you go into the toasts. Fun and interactive!
- Nervous about writing and reading your personalized vows to each other during the ceremony? Let your officiant do most of the talking. Read your own written and personalized vows to each other privately during a first look instead. The first look was my favorite part about my own wedding. Having that alone time with my significant other before our guests arrived was so special and one of my favorite memories from the day. The first look is also the perfect time to exchange letters or personal vows in private.
- Don’t want to do a first look with your significant other? Do you have a great sense of humor and want to add a little fun to your special day? Surprise them when they turn around with something like a T-Rex costume, or have the best man dress up in a white dress. This makes for some great moments of laughter on a day filled with nerves and excitement. And the best part is that it can all be captured on camera to reminisce about for years to come.
So whatever you do to make your wedding day fun, personalized and unique, don’t forget the day is about celebrating you and your significant other. Don’t sweat the small stuff, have fun and be present in the moment.
Photo by Levi Lens Photography