Prescott was named “Arizona’s Christmas City” in 1989 by the late Gov. Rose Mofford. Now Prescott is acknowledged nationally as “deserving that reputation — a festive place to be during the holidays.”
Area festivities began in late November with the Valley of the Lights Drive-Thru in Prescott Valley’s Fain Park (continues through Dec. 30); the 29th annual Gingerbread Village at the Prescott Resort (viewing through Jan. 1); and Heritage Park Zoo’s Wildlights and Animal Sights (on tap through Jan. 1).
More fun to come
Thursday, Dec. 16
• 3 p.m. & 7 p.m. — Gypsy Soul Holiday Show. Elks Theater and Performing Arts Center, Prescott
Saturday, Dec. 18
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. — Nonprofit Stocking Stuffer Bazaar, Prescott Activity Center on Gurley Street.
• 2:30 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. — “Sing Noel.” Prescott Chorale Concert, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church.
Saturday, Dec. 27
• 7 p.m. — Mannheim Steamroller Christmas. Findlay Toyota Center, Prescott Valley.
Saturday, Dec. 31
• 10 p.m. & 12 midnight — Whiskey Row Annual Boot Drop. Montezuma Street, Prescott.
Details available online at www.visit-prescott.com/upcoming-events.