by Kelly Lee, Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, Humboldt Unified School District
In Arizona, parents choose their neighborhood public school over 88% of the time. Despite the current COVID situation, the Humboldt Unified School District (HUSD) is dedicated to providing the same high-quality educational offerings we always have. HUSD is the largest school district in Yavapai County, located in Prescott Valley, Arizona, and provides a comprehensive, world-class education to more than 5,700 students. HUSD encompasses over 300 square miles and serves the Prescott Valley and Dewey/Humboldt communities.
We offer a PreK-12 educational program. Students have many opportunities and experiences available throughout their educational journey.
iChoose Academy at Glassford Hill Middle School
- An option for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Academy located within the Glassford Hill Middle School campus focused on personalized learning.
- A competency-based curriculum delivered in a blended, flipped and online learning strategy.
- A 1:1 computing environment that transforms the learning environment beyond the walls of a traditional classroom.
Coyote Springs Elementary
- 21st century teaching and learning.
- Embedded 5 C’s into our teaching and learning.
- Problem/project-based learning.
- PBIS School (Positive Behavior System).
- PE, music, coding, gardening, media, accelerated math and gifted classes offered.
- First Az school to offer Altitude Learning, a personalized learning platform.
- High School AP Academy
- BMHS offers 19 AP courses, the most in Yavapai County.
- The Advanced Placement test is paid for, that’s a $93 savings to our families.
- Eligible for AP Capstone Diploma.
- AP Map class for student support (the only AP Academy school to offer this).
- One of the few schools nationwide to offer AP Seminar and Research.
Bright Futures Preschool
- 3- and 4-year-old classrooms.
- Each class has a certified teacher and two paraprofessionals.
- TELL curriculum offered in partnership with ASU and Eureka Math.
- Full-time, PT and OT on staff.
- Early childhood hands-on science curriculum in partnership with the Arizona Science Center.
- 2 outdoor playground areas with equipment and play structures.
- Half- and full-day programs available for the school year.
Congratulations to Our 2020 Graduating Class