Investing in the Future of Arizona’s Children

by Daniel Leavitt, Development Director, Arizona’s Children Association

Each year, Arizona’s Children Association (AzCA) serves more than 40,000 children, individuals and families in all 15 counties in the state. It provides myriad programs, each tailored to the needs of the particular child, individual or family.

Founded in 1912, AzCA is one of the oldest and largest not-for-profit child welfare and behavioral health agencies in Arizona. All programs are family focused, strength based, culturally sensitive and outcome driven. In Yavapai County, AzCA does the following:

  • Recruits, trains and supports foster and adoptive parents to provide safe, stable homes for kids in Arizona’s foster care system
  • Provides assessment and support to children placed by the courts across state and county lines.
  • Teaches life skills to current and former foster youth ages 16 to 21.
  • Provides intervention and assistance to families in crisis.
  • Offers free workshops/classes, providing information and support for parents and caregivers on successful child development.
  • Offers a free home visitation program that partners with families to prepare their children for success in school and life.
  • Has access to free resources, including diapers, safety equipment and referral support for local families in need.

Since the beginning, AzCA has stayed true to its mission to protect children, empower youth and strengthen families. Its historical records relating to Prescott date back to 1915 with the creation of the first Prescott Auxiliary Board.

When you contribute to AzCA, you may not only benefit from a dollar-for-dollar tax credit, but you help support the children and families in our community. Your donation to AzCA may qualify you for the Arizona Charitable Organization Tax Credit. Couples who file jointly may reduce their state taxes by donating up to $800 (up to $400 for individuals).

Visit to learn more, donate or read Tax Credit Frequently Asked Questions. AzCA cannot provide tax advice, so please consult your tax adviser or visit the Arizona Department of Revenue online.