by Sheri Heiney, President & CEO, Prescott Chamber of Commerce
When you don’t take care of yourself, your business is at risk of becoming less profitable or worse. Personal wellness should be a priority for small-business owners.
Our members say balancing their own needs with those of their business is one of their biggest challenges.
When you don’t have time to do everything you want to grow your business, how can you make time to care for yourself? It turns out it isn’t as hard as you may think.
To keep you and your business healthy, try introducing the five tips below into your routine.
- Connect – Join with other small-business owners and entrepreneurs to create a support team.
- Take a class – Invest in yourself.
- Get active – Exercise improves your mental health.
- Rest – Proper rest can help with productivity.
- Laugh – Laughter improves mood; lessens depression and anxiety.
It can feel strange at first to think about self-care as a business goal, especially if it means allocating time away from tasks you normally associate with productivity. In the long-term, though, you will find your business thrives when you do.
For more information about the Prescott Chamber of Commerce, please visit www.prescott.org or call us at 928-445-2000 or 1-800-266-7534, or stop by the Visitor Information Center located at 117 W. Goodwin St., Prescott, AZ, 86303.