by Nancy Rothrock, co-owner and co-founder of The Heart Shop dba Let’s Get Healthy 4 You! and Healthy Skin 4 You
The New Year always brings with it new plans, commitments and resolutions. The most common New Year’s resolutions everyone makes is to lose the extra weight that has accumulated over the year. Let’s Get Healthy 4 You! offers our 12-step rules to weight loss from the experts and will help you prepare yourself for a healthier and happier you.
1. Be realistic. It is essential that you have a realistic, healthy eating and exercise plan in place. Aim for a goal that is attainable.
2. Plan ahead. Don’t make your resolution in a few days. Plan it well in advance for best results.
3. Make a “healthy” and “not-so-healthy” food list. List the food items that you should avoid to keep your motivation strong.
4. Get your family and friends involved. Share your weight-loss plan with family and friends. Having a family member or a friend involved is a great way to help you stick to your weight-loss plan.
5. Start moving. If you find an exercise routine that you truly enjoy, you will be more likely to commit to it.
6. Track your progress. Keep track of every small achievement you have made toward reaching your big goal.
7. A “stay positive” attitude. If you hit a weight-loss plateau, remain confident that you will overcome this and still reach your goal.
8. Reward yourself. This doesn’t mean that you can indulge in large quantities of sweets and desserts. Find new ways to reward yourself without food.
9. Be honest with yourself and the foods you are eating. Maintaining a food journal will help you keep track of the foods you are eating and give you an idea about your calorie consumption.
10. Change takes time. We are all in a rush to lose weight, but remember the weight didn’t just appear; it, too, took time. Let’s Get Healthy 4 You! is here to help you.
11. Take it slow and be kind to yourself. Over time, you are increasing your chances of following these healthy changes for the rest of your life. 12. Don’t give up. If your resolution has not achieved good results on your own by the first six-eight weeks, don’t give up. Start over again with Let’s Get Healthy 4 You! Our Certified Health Coaches and Dr. Douglas Rothrock can help you achieve your goal.
Visit letsgethealthy4you.com for more information