“I think Chino comes down to three things; front porches, iced tea and neighbors. The front porch goes with the atmosphere, sitting out in the evening. The iced tea goes back to the good water that we have here, and then the neighbors. This town is small enough that if you’ve been here for very long everybody here is your neighbor.” —Mayor Jack Miller
Chino Valley is the Quad Cities Sleeper
Chino Valley is on the move and in a positive and smart growth direction. There are many amazing projects in the permitting stages and a ton of retail taking notice of our growing population and 30,000 cars-a-day traffic counts.
In our future
• 5,200-square-foot Circle K coming in on the corner of Road 4 South
(Outer Loop) and State Route 89.
• Sherman Williams is opening a store behind Walgreens in the community
core at Road 2 North.
• A car wash is looking to locate at Road 1 South and State Route 89 and
possibly a drive-thru coffee shop adjacent.
• Goodwill is actively identifying sites.
• Grocery store recruitment is HOT!! Hint…..
• Developers are looking to do residential rental housing and shell retail buildings.
• A large soccer complex is coming in at the southern entry to town.
Granite Creek Vineyards Summer Concert Series
The Winey Cats will present Drum Machine on June 18; Rick Cucuzza on June 25; Gurley Girls on Aug. 2; Stef N Rock on Aug. 9; and Tyller Gummersall on Aug. 16. Performances are 1 to 4 p.m.; go to www.wineycats.com for updates.
Pool season is here!
Through July 31 at the Chino Valley Aquatic Center, which features a zero-depth entry pool with a mushroom fountain, five tipping buckets and a bright red corkscrew slide.
Summer Movie Series
monthly movies starting at 7 p.m. at Memory Park. The first was Space Jam, June 10 to be followed by Onward, July 8, and Back to the Future, Aug. 5.
Chino Valley Food Truck Festival
Aug. 13 with 25 food trucks and live music.