“I think Chino comes down to three things: front porches, iced tea and neighbors. The front porch goes with the atmosphere, sitting out in the evening. The iced tea goes back to the good water that we have here, and then the neighbors. This town is small enough that if you’ve been
here for very long everybody here is your neighbor.”
—Mayor Jack Miller
Jingle Bash at Chino Valley High School
- Dec. 2 and Dec. 3 — from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vendors can sign up for $100. Call the Chino Valley Chamber to sign up at 928.636.2493
- This event will be a little marketplace with local vendors and a mixer.
December to Remember
- Dec. 10, 4 p.m., Memory Park, 1020 Palomino Rd.
- Join us for a tree lighting event with Santa, carolers, food trucks and hot chocolate and businesses will also have Christmas displays set up.
Santa Visits the Library
- Dec. 16, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Chino Valley Equestrian Park Events
- Premier Member Riding Access 7 days a week 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- General Member Open Riding Tues, Fri, and Sun 10 a.m to 12 p.m.
Compass Training Center
- Arizona concealed weapons permit course, Dec. 15, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Find Your Gun-Pistols, Dec. 18, noon to 4 p.m. — You will have the opportunity to try out different calibers, sizes and styles of handguns, all for the cost of ammunition only. You will be provided with instruction on use of the pistol, proper loading, unloading, grip and stance. Cost is $50 for 50 rounds
Call the Chino Valley Recreation Department for additional information on upcoming events at 928.636.9780.