The City of Prescott has recently updated the Water Conservation Rebate Program. The following rebates and incentives are now available:
- Toilets with 1.0 gallons per flush or less will be rebated $100.
- An additional $50 incentive will be provided for water customers who use septic systems and apply for a toilet rebate.
- Smart irrigation timers will be rebated at $75.
- Rainwater harvesting cisterns will be rebated at 50 cents per gallon of storage.
- A passive rainwater harvesting system rebate will be available at $3 per square foot of the drainage footprint. Please see prescottwater.com for further details.
- Turf removal will increase from 25 cents per square foot of turf removed to 50 cents per square foot of turf removed.
- Washing machines will be rebated at $200; see the website for qualifying washing machines and take a photo of your old machine.
- The City encourages residents and businesses to use water efficiently. The rebate program is designed to assist and promote the replacement of high-water use landscaping and inefficient plumbing fixtures.
- Practicing a low-water-use lifestyle is a way everyone can help ensure a long-term, sufficient water supply.
Thank you for doing your part to be WaterSmart. For more information and rules please visit prescottwater.com or call 928-777-1645.