About Our Community:
- 32.5% of population is 65+.
- 8,090 children are food insecure.
- 15.1% of population has no health insurance.
- 87.7% report being able to see a doctor when needed.
- Strong network of partners and collaborators.
- 50 miles of trails for hiking, biking and getting outdoors.
- Yavapai County ranks 1st out of 15 Arizona counties for healthy behaviors.
- Lower incidence of mortality related to diabetes.
- Good economic opportunities.
Most Pressing Local Health Issues:
- Substance abuse.
- Vaccination rates against avoidable diseases.
- “Deaths of Despair” – 30 age-adjusted deaths per 100,000 vs. Arizona’s 19.5/100K.
- The need for more geriatric services.
- 79 years.
- 46% of home rental is 30+% of income. This highlights the need for affordable housing.
- Public transportation.
For more community data, visit: https://dashboards.mysidewalk.com/yavapai-health.
Information provided by Yavapai County Community Health Services, 2017 Health Status of Yavapai County